An adaptation of Carlos Leo’s Recipe from Spoonabilities
Time: 20 minutes
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour or rice flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 6 tbsp A Spice Affair’s Everything Bagel Seasoning
- 1 tbsp A Spice Affair’s Greek Herbs, Souvlaki Herbs or Dried Thyme
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 block high quality feta cheese (225 g), may cut in fingers if preferred
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp balsamic glaze (optional)
- 1/4 tsp A Spice Affair’s Cinnamon Powder
- Thinly sliced toasted baguette or pita chips
- Prepare 3 bowls: 1 with the flour, second with the beaten egg, and third with A Spice Affair’s Everything Bagel Seasoning and choice of Herbs.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high.
- Dip feta in flour, then egg, and finally the mixed seasonings (Everything Bagel Seasoning & Herbs). Gently add coated feta over oil and fry for 1-2 minutes on each side. Gently turn feta to avoid breaking.
- Remove skillet from heat and set aside. Drizzle with honey and balsamic glaze if using, sprinkle with cinnamon and serve hot with thinly sliced toasted baguette or pita chips.